Half-day | Sunglasses Case
In this class, you will hand-make a leather sunglasses case. You will learn to work on vegetable tanned leathers. And you will practice the traditional leathercraft techniques. The techniques include hand cutting, stitching and burnishing methods. You will also learn to position fittings and attach them on leathers.
- 3-4 hours (anytime during Monday - Friday, 2-8pm and Saturday 10am-4pm)
What you will take away:
- 1 leather sunglasses case completed by yourself
- Knowledge of materials and tools
- Understanding pattern design and how to use them
- You will be able to develop your own skills and move further as a hobby!
What you will learn:
- Learn different types of leathers and handcrafting tools
- Learn characteristics of vegetable tanned leathers - this is the leather you will use. We use them for our collections.
- How to create and work along patterns †
- How to hand-cut leathers, especially cutting irregular shapes †
- How to hand stitch leathers using saddle stitching method (You will use two needles)
- How to burnish leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers †
All materials and tools are provided.
Please read our important notes on what you need to bring for the class and how we prepare for COVID19.
How to book
Please write preferred date and time of your arrival in the Note during check-out.
After your booking, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. In this email, you will also find further important information about your class. Please keep an eye on this email so you will be ready for the class.
You can buy leathercraft tools if you'd like to learn deeper!
† Online classes do not include these methods. If you'd like to practice them via online classes, contact us for further information.