Class hours : Anytime 4 hours (Monday - Friday, 1-8pm; Saturday 10am-4pm)
Join us and learn to hand sew small leather goods with a leather artisan.
This regular class is designed to provide you broad ideas of leather craft techniques. You will be working on pre-designed leather projects and handling professional leather craft tools and premium leathers from our latest collections.
We will start the class by guiding you to our brief understanding in leather crafting techniques and how you can complete your items. You will select leathers, fittings and threads depending on projects you wish to work.
You will select one from the below pre-designed leather projects :
- Leather clutch bag with a flap
- Leather belt bag
- Leather iPad cover with a flap
- Leather passport cover with three sleeve pockets
Depending on your speed, you can also make another small leather item within the class hours. All materials and tools are provided.
What you will learn :
- Essential concepts for leather crafts (leather & tools)
- How to handle leather and learn their characters
- How to handle leather tools and what they are
- How to work with leather patterns and understand how to hand cut patterns
- How to hand cut leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to make leather strap
- How to hand stitch leather
- How to treat leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers (Subject to time and availability)
The class will be held in our functional workshop room at Craft Central (E14 3AE). You will have a chance to take a 'short tour' of this beautiful Georgian building where ideas are happening.
This class can be reserved at your convenient hours during Monday - Friday, 1-8pm and Saturday, 10am-4pm. Please Write your attendance date & time on the Note section during the check-out.
There will be refreshments to help you keep refreshed during the session.
Please kindly NOTE that :
- Once you book online, you will receive an email from us within 24 hours to confirm your booking. In this email, you will also receive further details on pre-workshop information including how to find/reach us.
- We usually need 24 hours to prepare your workshop in advance. (For example, if you want to book a workshop on Wednesday 3pm, the workshop can be purchased by Tuesday 3pm.)
- You will be handling sharp tools and raw materials. By singing up this class, you agree that you will be handling leather craft tools carefully in order to prevent any unwanted injuries.
- The booking can be purchased as a gift voucher so that you can give it to anyone. Please write "GIFT for [the person's name]" during your check-out.
- The booking is not transferrable and refundable.
- We can arrange a leather workshop for larger groups of people fo your events, e.g., birthday parties or team buildings etc. Please simply contact us with your requirements to discuss further.
- The presentation image may not reflect actual items you will be working on during the class.