Class hours : Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6-8 pm (2 hours)
Join us in our evening classes and learn to make your unique small leather goods with a leather artisan. You will be working on pre-designed leather items from the scratch. The class is designed to provide you basic concepts of leather crafting methods and invites you making no-sew-required leather projects.
We will start the class by guiding you to our brief understanding in leather industries and leather craft techniques. You will select leathers and brass fixtures depending on projects you wish to work.
The class can become noisy at some point, especially when you hammer down brass fixtures and metal stamps onto the leather. It is a helpful and friendly place where new crafters can participate every stage of making process.
You will select from the below pre-designed leather items:
- Leather key holder
- Leather card holder
- Leather tray
- Leather bracelet
- Leather luggage tag
- Leather bookmark
Depending on timeline, you can choose to work on as many items as you can during the class hours. All materials and tools are provided.
What you will learn :
- Essential concepts for leather crafts (leather & tools)
- How to handle leathers and their characters
- How to handle leather tools and what they are
- How to handle leather patterns
- How to hand cut leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to treat leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers (Subject to time and availability)
The workshop will be held in our large workshop room at Craft Central (E14 3AE). You will have a chance to take a 'short tour' to this gorgeous building where ideas are happening.
This regular evening class can be booked from the hours of Tuesdays or Thursdays, 6 - 8 pm. Please Write your attendance date/time on the Note section during your check-out.
There will be refreshments to help you keep refreshed during the session.
Please kindly NOTE that :
- Once you book online, you will receive an email from us within 24 hours to confirm your booking. In this email, you will also receive further details on pre-workshop information including how to find/reach us.
- You will be handling sharp tools and raw materials. By singing up this class, you agree that you will be handling leather craft tools carefully in order to prevent any unwanted injuries.
- The booking can be purchased as a gift voucher so that you can give it to anyone. Please write "GIFT for [the person's name]" during your check-out.
- The booking is not transferrable and refundable.
If the timing isn't great for you, you can try our Flexible classes at your convenient timing.