Class hours : Anytime for 24 - 28 hours (Monday - Friday, 1pm - 8pm; Saturday, 10am-4pm)
Join in one of our advanced classes and learn to hand make your leather bags with a leather artisan at your convenient times.
The class is designed to provide you advanced concepts of leather craft techniques. You will be making pre-designed leather projects from the beginning to the end. You will also be handling professional leather craft tools and premium leathers from our latest collections.
We will start the class by guiding you to how you will hand make leather items and how to use professional leather craft tools. You will select leathers, fittings and threads depending on projects you wish to work. All materials and tools are provided.
You will select one from the below pre-designed leather projects :
- Leather crossbody bag
- Leather tote bag
- Leather bucket bag
- Leather sleeve case
What you will learn :
- Advanced concepts of leather crafts (leather & tools)
- How to handle leather and learn their characters
- How to handle leather tools and what they are
- How to handle leather patterns
- How to hand cut leather
- How to hand make punching holes on leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to hand stitch leather
- How to make top handles for bags
- how to make gussets for bags
- how to make D-ring straps
- How to position fixtures on patterns
- How to hand make shoulder straps
- How to treat leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp (or heated stamp) your names on leather
There will be plenty advice while you are working on this tight schedule. Classes will be scheduled 6 hours per day. (Details as below*)
The workshop will be held in our functional workshop room at Craft Central (E14 3AE). You will have a chance to take a 'short tour' of this beautiful building where ideas are happening.
Please Write your preferred starting Dates & Times on the Note section during your check-out. We will then email you to confirm your course schedule.
The course is designed for someone who has previous knowledge/experience of leather craft and want to achieve professional skills. If you are new to the leather craft, please select the Induction + Advanced class so that we can start with 1 x Beginner's leather item and 1 x Intermediate leather item before working on your bag. (Details as below*)
There will be refreshments to help you keep refreshed during the session.
Please kindly NOTE that :
- Once you book online, you will receive an email from us within 24 hours to confirm your booking. In this email, you will also receive further details on pre-workshop information including how to find/reach us. Please ensure checking your email and do contact us if you don't hear from us.
- You can book the class at the latest 7 days before the course start date. We usually need 7 - 14 days to prepare your workshop in advance.
- The booking is refundable with 30 days notice period from the course starting date.
- Class schedules can be arranged on the basis of maximum 6 hours per day. You can take 6 hours on every Saturday for 4 weeks or 4 consecutive days for 6 hours per day within a week. Detailed schedules will be discussed by email before the start date. Please let us know which days you want to take the class.
- Induction + Advanced class will be scheduled for 28 hours in total, i.e, 4 hours of Induction and 24 hours of Advanced classes.
- You will be handling sharp tools and raw materials. By singing up this class, you agree that you will be handling leather craft tools carefully in order to prevent any unwanted injuries.
- The booking can be purchased as a gift voucher so that you can give it to anyone. Please write "GIFT for [the person's name]" during your check-out.
- We can arrange a leather workshop for larger groups of people for your events, e.g., birthday parties or team buildings etc. Please simply contact us with your requirements to discuss further.
- The presentation image may not reflect actual items you will be working on during the class.