Class hours : Anytime 2 hours 30 minutes (Monday - Friday, 10am - 9pm; Saturday, 10am - 4pm*)
Join in and learn to hand sew small leather goods at your preferred hours.
The class is designed to provide you essential concepts of leather craft techniques and invites you making pre-designed leather projects from the beginning to the end. You will be handling professional leather craft tools and premium leathers from our latest collections.
We will start the class by guiding you to our brief understanding in leather industries and leather craft techniques. You will select leathers, fittings and threads depending on projects you wish to work.
The class can become noisy at some point, especially when you hammer down brass fixtures and metal stamps onto the leather. It is a helpful and friendly place where new crafters can participate every stage of making process.
You will select one from the below pre-designed leather projects :
- Leather card wallet
- Leather card pouch
- Leather purse
- Leather sunglasses case
Depending on your speed, you can work on as many items as you can within the scheduled hours.
What you will learn :
- Essential concepts for leather crafts (leather & tools)
- How to handle leather and learn their characters
- How to handle leather tools and what they are
- How to handle leather patterns
- How to hand cut leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to hand stitch leather
- How to treat leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers (Subject to time and availability)
The workshop will be held in our functional workshop room at Craft Central (E14 3AE). You will have a chance to take a 'short tour' of this beautiful building where ideas are happening.
The maximum class size is 4 people per session.
You can book the private session during the hours of Monday - Friday (10 am - 9 pm) if you are booking for one person.
If you are a small group of people (i.e., more than 2 people at a time, up to 4 people), you can also book with us during the hours of Monday - Friday (10 am - 8pm) and Saturday (10 am - 4pm). If you want to book for a larger group, please find more information as below.
Please Write your preferred Dates & Times on the Note section during your check-out.
There will be refreshments to help you keep refreshed during the session.
Please kindly NOTE that :
- Once you book online, you will receive an email from us within 24 hours to confirm your booking. In this email, you will also receive further details on pre-workshop information including how to find/reach us.
- We usually need 24 hours to prepare your workshop in advance. (For example, if you want to book a workshop on Wednesday 3pm, the workshop can be purchased by Tuesday 3pm.)
- You will be handling sharp tools and raw materials. By singing up this class, you agree that you will be handling leather craft tools carefully in order to prevent any unwanted injuries.
- The ticket can be purchased as a gift voucher so that you can give it to anyone. Please write "GIFT for [the person's name]" during your check-out.
- The ticket is not transferrable and refundable.
- We can arrange a leather workshop for larger groups of people fo your events, e.g., birthday parties or team buildings etc. Please simply contact us with your requirements to discuss further.
- The presentation image may not reflect actual items you will be working on during the class.