Make a Leather Card Holder
Want to try the leathercraft but don't know where to start? Are you looking for ways to be calmer in your spare time? This class may help you get more ideas! And if you like to know more about the leathercraft, you can ask me or join other classes to move forward!
In this class, you will use Italian vegetable tanned leathers and learn to hand stitch your project. You will be able to quickly grasp the essence of the traditional leathercrafting techniques.
- 2 hours (Wednesday, 6:30-8:30pm)
What you will take away:
- 1 leather card holder completed by yourself
- Knowledge of materials and tools
- You will be able to develop your own skills or hobby after the class!
What you will learn:
- Learn different types of leathers and handcrafting tools
- Learn characteristics of vegetable tanned leathers - You will be working on the leathers we use for our collections!
- How to work with design patterns †
- How to hand-cut leathers †
- How to hand stitch leathers using saddle stitching method (You will use two needles).
- How to burnish leather edges professionally †
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers †
All materials and tools are provided.
Please read our important notes on what you need to bring for the class and how we prepare for COVID19.
How to book
Please write your preferred date of your session in the Note during check-out.
After your booking, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. In this email, you will also find further important information about your class (e.g., zoom meeting link). Please keep an eye on this email so you will be ready for the class.
You can purchase leathercrafting tools if you'd like to learn deeper.