2-days | Crossbody bag
In this class, you will make a small leather crossbody bag by hands. You will use vegetable tanned leathers and learn leathercraft techniques in traditional ways. The techniques include hand cutting, stitching and burnishing methods. You will also get a first grasp on bag design and patterns so you can make your own project after the class!
The class is:
- In-person session for 2 days, approx. 16-18 hours
- One-to-one session
- Booking is available during Monday - Friday, 10 am - 8 pm and Saturday, 10 am - 5 pm. You can reserve consecutive 2 days (i.e., 8 hours per day) or 4 half days (i.e., 4 hours for 4 days).
- All materials and tools are provided.
- We will work in our spacious and airy gallery hall at Craft Central.
What you will take away:
- 1 leather crossbody bag completed by yourself
- Knowledge of materials and tools
- You will learn the characteristics of vegetable tanned leathers.
What you will learn:
- Learn different types of leathers and handcrafting tools
- How to work with design patterns
- How to hand-cut leathers
- How to hand stitch leathers using saddle stitching method (You will use two needles)
- How to hand-make punching holes on leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to make top handles for bags
- how to make gussets for bags
- how to make D-ring straps
- How to position fixtures on patterns
- How to hand-make shoulder straps
- How to burnish leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers
COVID-19 updates: All tools and crafting stations will be sanitised before your arrival. We will show you crafting methods step by step until you complete your project. There will be a hand sanitiser and cleaning facilities in the studio. For your own health and safety, please kindly bring your own face masks and wear it during the session.
How to book
Please write preferred date and time of your arrival in the Note during check-out.
After your booking, you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. In this email, you will also find further important information about your class. Please keep an eye on this email so you will be ready for the class.
Please note that the image may not reflect actual leathers you use. If you are booking an online class and want to know about any particular colour, contact us.
You can buy leathercraft tools if you'd like to learn deeper!
(Gallery hall of our studio. Images from Craft Central)