Beginner : Leather Coin Purse
Make a small leather purse by applying traditional leathercraft techniques. The leather purse will have a single compartment with a zipper closure . It will be a great opportunity to learn basic concept of leathercraft and to try out on your own after the class.
To book our regular Tuesday and Thursday classes, please click here and reserve your place. (Regular classes are run based on scheduled timelines.)
To book your private sessions, please add this into your cart and write your preferred dates/times to us during the check-out. (Private sessions can be arranged at your convenient times. More details as below.)
- To start : You will be guided to our workshop once you arrive. (More details in the email.) We will start the course by sharing our understanding around leathercraft history and industry. You will have a chance to learn different types of learthers and leathercraft techniques.
- What you will make : A leather coin purse with zipper closure
- How long you will do : The course will run for 2 - 2.5 hours.
- When : As you are reserving a private session, we can schedule it anytime you prefer during Monday-Friday (10am-8pm) and Saturday (10am-4pm) . Please write your preferred dates/times during your check-out. You will receive an email confirmation shortly after your booking, usually within one working day.
- Where : Craft Central, London, E14 3AE
- How you will do : You will have an induction to pattern cutting and essential skills to handle leathercraft tools. You will select colours/types of leathers and threads. You will learn how to make stitching holes on leathers and hand-stitching techniques. You will stitch them with two needles using saddle stitching method. If the time allows, you will also be able to stamp your names or initials on your items.
- What to bring : None. We will provide you leathers and tools.
For private sessions, we can accept up to 4 people in one class.
The course is designed for everyone who wants to learn basic concept of leathercraft or anyone who loves to try out new craft ideas. The course is tightly organised for any complete beginners to learn to make a pre-designed leather item (as pictured unless otherwise stated). After the course, you should be able to create similar projects on your own. If you want to progress your learning further, please contact us before signing up the course online so that we can arrange special timelines for you.
We will welcome you with a glass of Prosecco, tea and coffee. (And some snacks!)
Join us and make a special gift for yourself or for someone special.
Bookings for private parties (e.g., hen do) or company events, please contact us for further details.
Cancellation Policy : Please kindly note that we do not accept cancellation; however you may be able to change your attendance date if there are similar type of courses available. Please email and let us know your best date.
Gift Vouchers : The ticket can be purchased as a gift voucher so that you can give it to anyone. Please write "GIFT for [the person's name]" during your check-out.
Please kindly note that the ticket is not transferrable. Each ticket is only available under the purchaser's name. Alternatively please purchase the ticket as a gift (as above).
We reserve the right to modify and change course details within similar product/skill ranges.