Class hours : Anytime 2 hours (Monday - Friday, 10am - 9pm; Saturday, 10am - 4pm*)
Join us and learn to make small leather items with a leather artisan at your convenient times.
The class is designed to provide you basic concepts of leather crafting methods and invites you making no-sew-required leather projects for 2 hours. You will be handling professional leather craft tools and premium leathers from our latest collections.
You will be working on pre-designed leather items from the beginning to the end. You will receive plenty advice and demonstration from us at your own crafting speed.
We will start the class by guiding you to our brief understanding in leather industries and leather craft techniques. You will select leathers and brass fixtures depending on projects you wish to work.
The class can become noisy at some point, especially when you hammer down brass fixtures and metal stamps onto the leather. It is a helpful and friendly place where new crafters can participate every stage of making process.
You will select from the below pre-designed leather items:
- Leather key holder
- Leather card holder
- Leather tray
- Leather bracelet
- Leather bookmark
Depending on timeline, you can choose to work on as many items as you can during the class hours. All materials and tools are provided.
What you will learn :
- Essential concepts for leather crafts (leather & tools)
- How to handle leather and learn their characters
- How to handle leather tools and what they are
- How to handle leather patterns
- How to hand cut leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to treat leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers (Subject to time and availability)
The workshop will be held in our functional workshop room at Craft Central (E14 3AE). You will have a chance to take a 'short tour' of this beautiful building where ideas are happening.
The maximum class size for this private group is 4 people per session.
You can book the private session during the hours of Monday - Friday (10 am - 9 pm) if you are booking for one person.
If you are a small group of people (i.e., more than 2 people at a time, up to 4 people), you can also book with us during the hours of Monday - Friday (10 am - 8pm) and Saturday (10 am - 4pm). If you want to book for a larger group (i.e., 5 people and above), please find more information as below.
Please WRITE your preferred dates & times on the Note to Seller section during your check-out.
There will be refreshments to help you keep refreshed during the session.
Please kindly NOTE that :
- Once you book online, you will receive an email from us within 24 hours to confirm your booking. In this email, you will also receive further details on pre-workshop information including how to find/reach us.
- We usually need 24 hours to prepare your workshop in advance. (For example, if you want to book a workshop on Wednesday 3pm, the workshop can be purchased by Tuesday 3pm.)
- You will be handling sharp tools and raw materials. By singing up this class, you agree that you will be handling leather craft tools carefully in order to prevent any unwanted injuries.
- The booking can be purchased as a gift voucher so that you can give it to anyone. Please write "GIFT for [the person's name]" during your check-out.
- The booking is not transferrable and refundable.
- We can arrange a leather craft workshop for larger groups of people for your events, e.g., birthday parties or team buildings etc. Please simply contact us with your requirements to discuss further.